Optimizing the production databases
When implementing the Nautical Solution in an organization, there are several ways to maintain your system so that performance is not degraded over time.
The steps below should be performed after you baseline the product to help overall performance. These steps should also be done periodically as you apply multiple updates from the NIS.
- Start ArcCatalog.
- Make sure you are connected to the DEFAULT version of your product.
- Right-click the production database (your database) and click Administration > Compress Database.
- Click Yes on the Confirm Compress dialog box that appears.
Right-click the database and click Administration > Geodatabase Maintenance.
The Geodatabase Maintenance dialog box appears.
- Check the Analyze, Rebuild all indexes, and Shrink geodatabase check boxes.
- Click OK.
- Close ArcCatalog when maintenance is finished.
The tempdb.mdf is used during implementation and continues to grow over time. You should periodically compact or remove the <Install directory>\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data\tempdb.mdf.