Adding a text element
Adding the text element allows you to insert text as well as set the text properties.
- Verify that you are in layout view if necessary.
Right-click the graphic table element and click Properties.
The Table Properties dialog box appears.
Click the Table Format tab if necessary.
The Table Format dialog box appears.
Click Table Design.
A Table Design dialog box appears, depending on the table format.
Access the text element in one of the following ways:
- Click to select a cell in the Table Layout area and click Table Layout > Add Element > Text.
- Right-click a cell in the Table Layout area and click Add Element > Text.
- Click to select a cell in the Table Layout area, right-click the associated coordinates in the Elements pane, then click Add Element > Text.
The New text element dialog box appears.
If necessary, click the Text tab.
The Text tab allows you to type in your text as well as define the angle, color, alignment, character spacing, and leading.
Check the Word-wrap check box to implement word wrapping properties for the text or check the Symbol-wrap check box for symbol wrapping.
Checking the Word-wrap check box causes the Symbol-wrap check box to become unavailable. Conversely, checking the Symbol-wrap check box causes the Word-wrap check box to become unavailable.
Click Change Symbol to further modify the text properties.
The Symbol Selector dialog box appears.
- If desired, further modify text font, size, style, and alignment.
- Click OK on the Symbol Selector dialog box once you are finished.
- Click the Alignment tab.
- Click the Horizontal drop-down arrow and choose an option for the alignment.
- Click the Vertical drop-down arrow and choose an option for the alignment.
- Click the Margins tab.
- Type a margin value in the Top, Left, Right, and Bottom text boxes.
- Click the Flex Margins tab.
- Check the Left, Right, Top, or Bottom check box to define the cell coordinates, position, and element for each.
- Click OK.