Migrating an MPS-Atlas map book to Data Driven Pages
ArcGIS 10 added new map book functionality called Data Driven Pages. MPS-Atlas will be deprecated in the near future and you can migrate existing map books to Data Driven Pages. Data Driven Pages offer more power, control, and flexibility over MPS-Atlas map books. There is no automatic migration from MPS-Atlas to Data Driven Pages. Migration is simple but depends on the complexity of your existing map books.
The following process details how to migrate an existing map book with an index layer in a map document.
Existing stand-alone MPS-Atlas licenses that are current on maintenance are automatically upgraded to a full Esri Production Mapping license.
- Start ArcMap.
- Open a map document that contains a map book.
- Click Customize > Toolbars > Data Driven Pages from the main menu.
- Click the Data Driven Pages Setup button .
- Check the Enable Data Driven Pages check box.
- Click the Data Frame arrow and choose the detail data frame.
By default, the active data frame is chosen. Make sure this is the data frame you want to use.
- Click the Layer drop-down arrow and choose the layer you use for your map extents as the index layer.
- Click OK to close the Setup Data Driven Pages dialog box.
- Update any dynamic text or titles using the new dynamic text tags.