Distributing a solution
A solution is essentially the name of the specific projects or industry grouping that corresponds to the products being created. When distributing a solution, you have the option to choose any of the product classes that are associated with the solution. When you export a product class, the default product class version and default data model version are automatically included. You can optionally choose to export the batch jobs, field configurations, or any files that are associated with the solution and selected product class(es).
When distributing a solution, choose the solution in the Product Library window. If you want to distribute more than one solution, use the Distribute Product Library tool.
- Start ArcMap.
If necessary, open the Product Library window by clicking Customize > Production > Product Library on the main menu.
A tree view of the product library appears.
Right-click the solution from which you want to distribute and click Distribute Solution.
The Distribute Product Library dialog box appears. The Source is preset to the location of the current product library.
- Check the check box next to the product class(es) you want to distribute in the Choose Product Solution(s)/Class(es) pane.
The solution you selected when you clicked Distribute Solution and any product classes that are contained in that solution display in the pane. You must have at least one product class selected.
- In the Include area, check the check box next to the types of files you want to include:
- Batch Jobs—Validation rules you have associated with your product classes
- Field Configurations—Rules used to define how features are displayed
- Other files—Files you have associated with the solution or product class using Manage Files
You can right-click in the list to select all or clear all types of files.
- Click the Target drop-down arrow and choose the target:
- Geodatabase—Allows you to choose an existing product library or any geodatabase. If the geodatabase is not already a product library, you will be prompted to upgrade the database. Ensure that you have permissions to create tables in the selected geodatabase.
- Workspace XML—Allows you to create an XML workspace with the selected information. This XML can be imported into another product library using the Distribute Product Library tool.
- Click the Browse button and navigate to the location where the target geodatabase is stored or where you want to store the XML workspace you are creating.
- Click OK.
The solution, product class(es), and any files you selected are copied into the target product library or into a new XML workspace.
A warning message appears if the information already exists in the target product library or XML workspace. Click Yes to continue or No to cancel.