Filling all holes in selected polygons
The Fill Hole tool can be used to fill one, multiple, or coincident interior holes from selected polygon geometry. A polygon feature may have more than one interior hole. Instead of removing each hole individually, the Fill Hole tool can be used to fill all the holes at once.
- Start ArcMap.
- If necessary, load data in the map.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing Advanced.
Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
The Manage Features and Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes windows automatically appear when you start an edit session using the Production Start Editing tool.Tip:
If the Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes window does not appear when you start an edit session, click the Show/Hide Attributes button on the Manage Features window.
- Select the polygons that have holes you want to fill.
- Click the Fill Hole button on the Production Editing Advanced toolbar.
Press and hold down the CTRL key and click inside any of the selected polygons.
The Fill Hole message appears and notifies you that all holes in the selected features will be filled.
Click Yes to continue.
The holes are filled, and you are prompted to view the log file.Note:
The location of the log files generated by the tool is different depending on your operating system:
- On Windows XP, log files are written to <Installation location>\Documents and Settings\<User Login>\Application Data\ESRI\Production10.0\Production Mapping\LogFiles\FillHoleLogfiles.
- On Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008, log files are written to <Installation location>\Users\<UserLogin>\AppData\Roaming\ESRI\Production10.0\Production Mapping\LogFiles\FillHoleLogfiles.
- Click Yes to view the log file.