Updating sampling records
Once the Sampling check has been run on data and the results have been recorded in the Reviewer table, they are assigned a Review status of Needs Review. However, as you manually review the records from the sample, you can update the Review status and the record. When you update the record, you can also update the notes and severity fields in the table. For example, if you have reviewed 10 features from the sample and they are all valid, you can update the review status to indicate that the features have passed the manual review, add comments, and change the severity.
When the review status is changed to Pass, the Verification status is automatically updated to Acceptable.
- Start ArcMap.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Data Reviewer.
- Start a Reviewer session in one of the following:
- If necessary, click the Reviewer Table button on the Data Reviewer toolbar to open the Reviewer Table window.
- Click and drag to select one or more sampling records in the Reviewer table, then right-click and click Update Sampling Status.
The Sample Record Status dialog box appears.
- Click the Review Status drop-down arrow and choose an option for the sampling records.
- Needs Review—The feature associated with the record requires further review.
- Passed—The feature associated with the record has passed the manual review.
- Failed—The feature associated with the record has failed the manual review.
- Optionally, type notes in the Notes text box.
The text in the Notes text box will be appended to the text that is currently in the NOTES field in the Reviewer table.
- Optionally, click the Severity drop-down arrow and choose a new level of severity for the record.
The new Severity value will replace the severity value that is currently in the Severity field in the Reviewer table.
The severity indicates the importance of the check result. The values range from 1 to 5, with 1 being the highest priority and 5 being the lowest.
- Click OK.