Converting vertices to point features
The Production Vertices to Points tool allows you to create point features at the vertices of selected features and write the new points to the active template's layer.
For example, your map may contain power line features from which you need to derive electrical pole features. You can use this tool to create a point at every vertex of the power line to get an accurate representation of electrical poles.
- Start ArcMap.
- If necessary, load data in the map.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing Advanced.
- Choose a point template on the Create tab on the Manage Features window..
- Click the Select Features button and select at least one linear or polygon feature.
- Click the Production Vertices to Points button on the Production Editing Advanced toolbar.
A point feature is created at each vertex of the selected feature. The new points are written to the target layer of the active template.