The Measure layout tool
The Measure Layout tool on the Layout window allows you to measure elements in your layout. Distances are reported in page units. Measurements display single segment and total (all segments) length.
- Start ArcMap.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Cartography.
- If necessary, click the Layout window button on the Production Cartography toolbar to display the Layout window.
- Click the Measure Layout tool on the Layout window.
- Click one side of any element in the page layout.
- Click the opposite side of the element.
A segment and total distance, in page units, displays in the bottom-left corner of ArcMap.Note:
To change page units, right-click in the page layout and click ArcMap Options. On the Layout View tab, change the selected item in the Units box.
- Double-click to stop measuring and clear the segment and total distance displayed in the bottom-left corner of ArcMap.