Capturing missing features by indicating a location on the map
When data is compared to a satellite image or another source, you can find that there are features missing in the map. With ArcGIS Data Reviewer, you can either digitize the missing feature directly in the map or indicate the location of the missing feature according to the feature class and subtype to which it belongs.
Indicating the location of a missing feature in the map allows you to choose the feature class and subtype to which the feature belongs. You can also note the size the feature should be and the priority of the missing feature. A bitmap is captured of the approximate location for the feature, which can be viewed in a window when a location record is selected in the Reviewer table and the Show Record Bitmap button is clicked. The bitmap allows the person correcting the data to quickly see what the reviewer saw and whether it is imagery or certain data layers loaded and symbolized a certain way.
- Start ArcMap.
- If necessary, load data in the map.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Data Reviewer.
- Start a Reviewer session in one of the following:
Click the Flag Missing Feature button on the Data Reviewer toolbar.
A flag appears in the map so you can indicate the location of the missing feature.
Click the location of the missing feature in the map.
The Flag Missing Feature Details dialog box appears.
- Click the Feature Class/Subtype drop-down arrow and choose the feature class and subtype to which the missing feature belongs.
Click the Enter Review Status drop-down arrow and choose a status for the missing feature.
- Custom—Allows you to type a description in a text box
- Add—Indicates that the feature needs to be added to the map
- If you have chosen Custom, type additional text in the text box below the drop-down list.
- If necessary, type any additional notes regarding the missing feature in the Notes text box.
- If necessary, click the Severity drop-down arrow and choose a value that indicates the priority of the missing feature.
- If you do not want the Missing Features Dialog Is Not Complete message to appear, uncheck the Display incomplete dialog warning check box.
If there is no text in the Notes text box and the Display incomplete dialog warning check box is checked, the Missing Features Dialog Is Not Complete message appears and asks if you want to continue adding the record to the Reviewer table.
- Do one of the following:
To add the missing feature record to the Reviewer table
To cancel the process of adding a missing feature record
Click No or Cancel.
A record is added to the Reviewer table for the missing feature if you have clicked Yes. A bitmap of the current view extent is also stored.