Cleaning the product library
Once you have set up the product library, there are basic processes that can be used to maintain the database. This includes running the Cleanup utility available from the product library tree view in ArcMap and performing other basic maintenance tasks that are available in ArcCatalog.
The Cleanup utility removes files that are not referenced by (linked to) any part of the product library. For instance, you could have a file stored in the product library that is not associated with any of the components.
When run, the Cleanup utility removes the following:
- Unused product library files that have been added or copied into the database through the file manager
- Unused versions of files referenced in the product library
- Spatial references that are not referenced by any files in the product library
- Databases associated with instances that are not being used
- Start ArcMap.
- If your product library is stored in an ArcSDE geodatabase, ensure that all users are disconnected.
If necessary, open the Product Library window by clicking Customize > Production > Product Library on the main menu.
A tree view of the product library appears.
Right-click the product library at the top of the tree view and click Cleanup.
The cleanup process runs and removes any unused product library files, versions, spatial references, and instance databases. A message appears when the process is finished to notify you of the deletions.
- Click OK.