Validating a LandCover feature
When the LandCover area within a cell is validated, a feature class is created so gaps in the LandCover can be represented in the map. The gaps are captured as line features and can include holes within a ground feature that is inside the cell. The MGCP LandCover Validation tool validates the LandCover feature within a cell feature during a Reviewer session and writes any errors found to the Reviewer table. Information written to the table consists of gaps found in the LandCover area contained within a cell.
The validation tool can only be used with a single cell.
Since the MGCP specification does not allow gaps within the LandCover area, these gaps must be filled using a feature class that is permissible to use as LandCover area.
- Start ArcMap.
- Load MGCP data in the map.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Defense Mapping.
Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
The Manage Features and Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes windows automatically appear when you start an edit session using the Production Start Editing tool.Tip:
If the Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes window does not appear when you start an edit session, click the Show/Hide Attributes button on the Manage Features window.
- Start a Reviewer session in a personal, file, or ArcSDE geodatabase.
- Select Cell features in the map.
- Select a feature from the Cell feature class on the Update tab on the Manage Features window.
Click the MGCP LandCover Validation Tool button on the Defense Mapping MGCP toolbar.
The cell is validated, and a message box appears once the process is complete.
- Open the Reviewer table by clicking the Reviewer Table button on the Data Reviewer toolbar to view any discrepancies found between the cell and the LandCover area.