Setting the data source
This is similar to setting the data source of a layer that has a broken link. This is required when you either move your map document to a new location that cannot find the AOI data source or move the database that has the AOI data source feature class.
- Start ArcMap.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > MPS Atlas.
- Click the MPS Atlas window button on the MPS Atlas toolbar.
The MPS Atlas window appears.
Right-click the map sheet and click Set Data Source.
The Set Data Source dialog box appears. The map sheets with an incorrect data source paths are marked with a red X.
- Optionally, click the Sources drop-down arrow and choose a data source type.
- Optionally, to view only invalid data sources, check the Show Invalid Data Sources Only check box.
This removes all valid data sources from the list on the Set Data Source dialog box.
- Click Change Version if you want to change data source versions.
- Click to highlight one of the table items.
Click Change Data Source.
The Select Data Source dialog box appears.
- Navigate to the feature class you want to associate with the item you selected.
- Click OK.
- If the Choose Repair Option dialog box appears, choose one of the following options:
- Apply to all matching Paths—Applies the repaired path to any invalid workspace paths that match the path corrected in step 10.
- Apply to all matching Types—Applies the repaired path to anything that matches the type you chose in the Sources drop-down list. For example, if you repaired a feature layer data source, you could apply the new path to all other feature layers listed in the Set Data Source dialog box.
- Apply to selected Item only—Applies the repaired path to the selected row in the Set Data Source dialog box.
- Click OK to close the Choose Repair Option dialog box.
- The Set Data Source dialog box appears.
The red X changes to a green check mark if the path is correct.
- Click OK.