Creating points with composite templates
Points are the simplest features to create. Simply click a point template in the Create Features window and the Point tool is automatically activated. Click the map where you want to add the point. You can right-click the map or use snapping to help you create points at exact locations.
- Start ArcMap.
- If necessary, load data in the map.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
The Manage Features and Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes windows automatically appear when you start an edit session using the Production Start Editing tool.Tip:
If the Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes window does not appear when you start an edit session, click the Show/Hide Attributes button on the Manage Features window.
- Click the Create tab on the Manage Features window.
- Click a composite template with only point layers on the Create tab on the Manage Features window.
- Click the Coincident Points button on the Create tab.
In most cases, the Coincident Points tool is automatically activated when you choose the composite template.
- Optionally, use snapping to help you create points at exact locations relative to other features.
- Click the map to create the points.
The points are created on your map and are selected.