Copying an element in the element library
Once a layout element is in the database, the Database Element dialog box provides the ability to copy and paste between different solutions, products, and categories using the tree view. The Database Elements dialog box provides a user interface for an element library.
You can also copy products and categories, which also copies everything beneath it in the tree view.
- Ensure that the map is in layout view.
- On the menu bar, click Insert > Database Element.
The Database Element dialog box appears.
- Navigate to the element you want to copy.
- Right-click the element and click Copy.
- Navigate to the category to which you want to add the element.
Right-click the category and click Paste.
The element is added to the category you chose.
- Click the Close button.