Creating a curved flight path
The Create Curved Flight Path command changes the flight path segment from straight to curved within the instrument approach profile view. This command is available when editing the instrument approach profile view.
- Start ArcMap.
- On the main menu, click View > Layout View.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Aeronautical Terminal Procedures.
- Click the Edit Instrument Approach Profile button on the Aeronautical Terminal Procedures toolbar.
- Click a flight path segment in the profile view to select it.
Right-click the flight path and click Create Curved Flight Path.
There will be no change to the flight path if a curved segment is selected.
The flight path segment is displayed as a curved line.
You can alter the shape of the curved path when it is selected by doing the following:
- Using the blue handles on the segment
- Adding a vertex by clicking the Edit Vertices button on the Aeronautical Profile Edit toolbar, right-clicking the selected flight path, then clicking Add Vertex
- Clicking and dragging a vertex with the Edit Instrument Approach Profile tool