Associating batch jobs with a product class
The product library can be used to store business rules that extend standard database validation. Enhanced validation rules are created by using Data Reviewer and storing the rules as checks in a batch job. After a product class and product class version have been created, you can associate batch jobs with the product class version.
There are three types of batch jobs that can be associated with a product class: Attribute, Spatial, and Reviewer.
- Start ArcMap.
If necessary, open the Product Library window by clicking Customize > Production > Product Library on the main menu.
A tree view of the product library appears.
- If you do not have the New Class dialog box open, right-click an existing product class from the product library tree view and choose Properties to open the Class Properties dialog box.
Click Batch Job on the New Class or Class Properties dialog box.
The Batch Job pane appears.
- Click the Batch Job Type cell.
- Choose the type of batch job you want to associate with the product class.
- Click the ellipse (...) next to the Batch Job name
The Check in Batch job file dialog box appears.
- Navigate to the batch job you want to associate with the product class.
- Click Open.
- Repeat steps 5–9 for all the batch jobs you want to associate.
- Choose an Error Severity value using the slide bar.
The Error Severity corresponds with the Severity value assigned to each check in the batch job. For example, if this is set to 1–3, only results from checks that have a Severity value of 1, 2, or 3 will be returned as errors when performing on-the-fly validation. Checks with a Severity of 4 or 5 will be returned as warnings.Note:
This properties is only used by Attribute batch jobs.
- Click OK.