Changing the display colors
When you use the Production Advanced Query Command to find features by attribute values and select them in the map, you can customize the color in which they appear. The color overrides any existing symbology for the selected features and allows you to distinguish the features in the map more easily.
For instance, if you select a group of buildings using the Production Advanced Query Command, you can change the color to something brighter so it is easier to see the selected features.
- Start ArcMap.
- If necessary, load data in the map.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
- On the Production Editing toolbar, click Production Editing > Production Advanced Query Command.
The Production Advanced Query window appears.
- Build a query to select features.
- Click the Advanced Query Change Display Color button in the Production Advanced Query window.
The color picker appears.
Choose the color you want to use to symbolize the features in the map.
The features on the map that are in the query table are highlighted in the selected color.