Adding a map sheet name as dynamic text using a neighboring map sheet
Adding map sheet dynamic text displays properties from the current map sheet or a neighboring map sheet.
Properties that can display include the map sheet name, page number, or the value of a selected field.
Selecting the Use map sheet that is option on the Map Sheet Dynamic Text Properties dialog box allows you to display properties from a neighboring map sheet.
The ability to use neighboring map sheets is only effective when their areas of interest (AOIs) are relatively contiguous and regularly-shaped.
- Start ArcMap.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > MPS Atlas.
Click the Add Dynamic Text button on the MPS Atlas toolbar.
A crosshair with a letter A appears.
Click anywhere in the map sheet layout.
A piece of dynamic text is inserted on the page.
Double-click the dynamic text.
The Dynamic Text Properties dialog box appears.
- Click the Dynamic Text tab if necessary.
- Click the Dynamic Text drop-down arrow and choose Map Sheet.
A map sheet text appears in the text box.
Click the dynamic text element in the text field.
The Map Sheet Dynamic Text Properties dialog box appears.
- In the Map Sheet area of the Map Sheet Properties dialog box, click the Use map sheet that is option.
- Click the Use map sheet that is drop-down arrow to define the associated map sheet you want to use.
- Click OK.