Editing grid components
You can edit grid components from an XML file or in grid layers that have been loaded into ArcMap.
- Start ArcMap.
- Click the Grids and Graticules Designer window button on the Production Cartography toolbar.
- Click the Open button or right-click in the Grids and Graticules Designer window and choose Refresh to display the current grid layer loaded in the current ArcMap session.
In the tree view, right-click the grid component to edit and click Properties.
The properties dialog box appears for the selected component.
- Change appropriate settings for the component.
- When edits are complete, click the Grids and Graticules Designer window.
- Click the Dataset button to set a feature dataset for the grid.
- Click the Create button or the Save button on the Grids and Graticules Designer window.
Edits made to grid components are saved as features when you click the Create button . Edits made to grid components are saved to an XML file when you click the Save button .