Starting a Reviewer session in an existing Reviewer workspace
Similar to an edit session, the Reviewer session allows you to interact with your data; however, in a Reviewer session, you are performing quality control tasks. When you start a Reviewer session, you have the ability to review your data and write records to the Reviewer table, then interact with them. Once the Reviewer session is ended, you can still run checks on the data and do visual quality control but cannot write information to the Reviewer table.
When you want to start a Reviewer session, you are prompted to choose a workspace, which is a geodatabase that can contain the data you want to review or be a separate database that only contains the Reviewer dataset information, depending on your organization's workflow. By default, the user name is the Windows login name for the current user. You can also provide a custom name for the current Reviewer session.
- Start ArcMap.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Data Reviewer.
Click the Reviewer Session Manager button on the Data Reviewer toolbar.
The Reviewer Session Manager dialog box appears.
Click Browse in the Reviewer Workspace area.
The Reviewer Workspace dialog box appears.
- Navigate to the database that contains the Reviewer dataset.
The ID and Name text boxes are automatically populated.
If you are working with an ArcSDE or SQL Express database, the version associated with the session appears in the Reviewer Dataset Version drop-down menu.
- Click the ID drop-down arrow and choose the session to start.
- If necessary, type a name for the current Reviewer session in the Name text box.
- If necessary, click the Reviewer Dataset Version drop-down arrow and choose the version to be used with the session.
Click Start Session.
The button name changes to End Session.
- Click Close.