Product library configuration
The product library is a geodatabase with tools that manage multiuser cartographic and digital data series production. The product library contains business rules to allow an organization to centralize these standards to create and maintain maps, charts, and data. Optionally, data model schemas, as well as unique versions of the schemas, can be mapped to a production database. This allows you to track which versions of data schemas are supported by the current data.
Any geodatabase can be automatically configured as a product library. The location of the product library is defined in either ArcMap or ArcCatalog. There are seven properties associated with the product library:
- Workspace—The path and name of the database.
- Owner—If applicable, the name of the database owner.
- Workspace Type—The type of database, such as local (personal geodatabase).
- Privileges—Describes whether you have read-only or read/write privileges for the database.
- Version—The name of the database version you are using, if the workspace is an ArcSDE geodatabase.
- Connected User—The user name associated with the database connection, if you are using an ArcSDE geodatabase.
- Current Entry—Allows you to specify the current product library level that initially appears on the Product Library by default. For example, if you choose the data frame on a map document as the current entry, the product library automatically opens that level on the Product Library window. Below is an example of the way the Product Library window appears when the current entry is set.