Adding a new runway to a profile view
You can add an additional runway with the Add Runway tool. The newly created runway is created with the same size, style, and color as the existing runway in the profile view. The new runway is added beyond the existing runway (to the right of the original runway in a left-to-right procedure), as shown in the image below.
If there is not sufficient space for the new runway, a message is displayed indicating that some of the elements should be moved to create space for the new runway. The horizontal movement of the new runway is restricted to the edge of the original runway and the edge of the profile view.
- Start ArcMap.
- On the main menu, click View > Layout View.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Aeronautical Terminal Procedures.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Aeronautical Profile Edit.
- Click the Edit Instrument Approach Profile button on the Aeronautical Terminal Procedures toolbar.
- Click an existing runway in the profile view to select it.
- Click the Add Runway button on the Aeronautical Profile Edit toolbar.
An additional runway is added to the profile view.
You can delete additional runways by selecting each one and pressing the DELETE key on the keyboard.