Assigning permissions to users
Once the user is added, the permissions can be granted at the series level of the product library. Permissions are passed down to all products within a given series. Permissions are also passed up from the series to the class and the solution. For example, if a user is given permission to one or more series below a particular class or solution, the user has access to those entries. By default, the permissions for a user are set to Not Available, but there are a total of four different levels:
- Not Available—The series and all components beneath it are hidden from the user.
- Read Only—Properties can be viewed for all levels of the product library.
- Check In/Check Out—Files can be checked in and out.
- Edit—Product library levels can be added, modified, and removed, and files can be checked in and out.
This only applies if you are using an ArcSDE geodatabase as your product library.
- Start ArcMap.
- On the menu bar, click Customize > Production > Product Library.Tip:
If Product library is not enabled, you may need to enable the Production Mapping extension by clicking Customize > Extensions and checking the check box for Production Mapping.Tip:
You can also open the window by clicking the Product Library Window button on the Production Cartography toolbar.
- Navigate to the series level of the product class for which you want to assign permissions.
Right-click the series name and click Permissions.
The Permissions dialog box appears.
- Click the Permissions drop-down arrow for the user to whom you want to grant permissions and choose an option.
- Repeat step 5 for all users to whom you want to give permissions.
- Click OK.