As events on routes change, it is possible to delete those that may not be applicable any longer. For instance, a mile marker sign could be removed from a highway or a construction project could be completed, and events could be removed for both. The Delete Route Events tool allows you to select events in the map and delete them. Deleting the event removes its record from the corresponding table.
When you delete route events, you can select events that are on different routes; you are not restricted to working with events that fall on the same route.
- Start ArcMap.
- Load event layers in the table of contents.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Linear Referencing.
Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
The Manage Features and Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes windows automatically appear when you start an edit session using the Production Start Editing tool.Tip:
If the Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes window does not appear when you start an edit session, click the Show/Hide Attributes button on the Manage Features window.
- Click the Select Route Events tool on the Production Linear Referencing toolbar.
- Select the events you want to delete in the map.
- Click the Delete Route Events button on the Production Linear Referencing toolbar.
The selected events are removed from the map, and the associated records are deleted from the table.