Clearing selected exceptions
The Clear Selected Feature(s) tool removes the exceptions (inclusions and exclusions) from master features in the production database. Once an inclusion exception has been cleared from a master feature, that feature will no longer be included in the set for the Carto Commander tool to process for cartographic feature creation and/or maintenance. Once an exclusion exception has been cleared from a master feature, that feature is not excluded from the set for processing by the Carto Commander tool; a cartographic feature will be created and maintained.
- Start ArcMap.
- Ensure that the correct product library and production database are set in the Data Management pane on the Production Properties dialog box.
- Ensure that the layers for which you are creating cartographic exceptions are sourced to the same production database version as what has been chosen by clicking Customize > Production > Production Properties, then clicking the Data Management pane.
- In the Product Library window, use the tree view to browse to the instance for which you would like to clear exceptions.
- Click the instance once to highlight the entry in the Product Library window.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Aeronautical Editing.
- Click the Production Start Editing button on the Aeronautical Editing toolbar.
The Manage Features and Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes windows automatically appear when you start an edit session using the Production Start Editing tool.Tip:
If the Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes window does not appear when you start an edit session, click the Show/Hide Attributes button on the Manage Features window.
- Select one or more master features in one or more feature classes.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Aeronautical Data Management.
- Click the Clear Selected Exceptions(s) button on the Aeronautical Data Management toolbar.
You can only clear exceptions on master features that have existing exceptions. The Clear Selected Exception(s) button will only be enabled when the selected master feature(s) has an existing exception.
The included and excluded master features that had exceptions are cleared and are not used by the Carto Commander tool for cartographic feature processing.