The Resize Annotation tool can increase or decrease the size of annotation by specific points. The tool takes into account the scale of the map that the annotation is in when resizing, so the resize value specified is the amount by which the annotation will appear to be resized on the page. The actual change in the font sizes of the annotation vary depending on the scale of the map and the reference scale of the annotation feature class.
The tool can resize annotation from multiple feature classes at the same time. It can resize annotation with formatting tags as well as annotation without formatting tags. The tool requires a MapID field as well as an AnnoSizeChange field on the annotation feature class whose features are being resized. The change in size from the default size (as specified in the label expression for the annotation class) is stored in the AnnoSizeChange field.
This tool is enabled in ArcMap when you are in an edit session and a section of annotation is selected.
- Start ArcMap.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Aeronautical Editing.
- Click the Production Start Editing button on the Aeronautical Editing toolbar.
The Manage Features and Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes windows automatically appear when you start an edit session using the Production Start Editing tool.Tip:
If the Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes window does not appear when you start an edit session, click the Show/Hide Attributes button on the Manage Features window.
- Ensure that there is at least one annotation feature layer in the active data frame with a valid data source.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Aeronautical Annotation.
- Click the Edit Annotation tool on the Aeronautical Annotation toolbar.
- Click an annotation to select it.
Click the Resize Annotation button on the Aeronautical Annotation toolbar.
The Resize Annotation dialog box appears.
- In the Point Change box, click to select a point size.
- Click the + button to increase the point size.
Click the - button to decrease the point size.
Only positive numeric values are accepted.
- Click OK.
- Click the Save Edits button .