Exporting AIXM data using geoprocessing
This topic applies to ArcInfo only.
The Export AIS to AIXM tool supports the most robust AIXM 4.5 data available and is based on the rules and relationships set by the AICM/AIXM 4.5 standards. The Export AIS to AIXM tool allows you to create an AIXM 4.5 XML message from your geodatabase. This gives you the ability to manage and share your aeronautical data by using the Aeronautical Solution.
- Start ArcMap or ArcCatalog.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Extensions and make sure that the Data Interoperability extension is checked.
- Make sure that an appropriate ArcSDE geodatabase is available.
- Click the ArcToolbox Window button on the Standard toolbar.
The ArcToolbox window appears.
- Expand the tree view next to Aeronautical Tools > Data Exchange.
Double-click the Export AIS to AIXM tool.
The Export AIS to AIXM dialog box appears.
- Click the Destination AIXM Dataset browse button and browse to the geodatabase where you want the AIXM 4.5 XML to write to.
- Click Save.
- Click the Attribute Schema Mapper browse button and browse to <Install location>\ESRIAeronautical\Desktop10.0\DataConversion\AIS\SchemaMapper.
- Choose the appropriate schema mapper:
- ESRItoAIXM_Oracle_Attribute.csv—If exporting from an Oracle geodatabase
- ESRItoAIXM_SQLServer_Attribute.csv—If exporting from a SQL geodatabase
- Click Open.
- Type the name of the source ArcSDE geodatabase in the Source Enterprise Geodatabase text box.
- Type the name of the geodatabase server in the Server text box.
- Type the port or instance number in the Instance text box.
- Type the user name in the Username text box.
- Type the password in the Password text box.
- Type the name of the geodatabase version in the Version text box.
The tool can be customized. Right-click the tool to open the shortcut menu and click Edit to open the tool in a Data Interoperability workbench window.