Unrelating elements in a profile view
You can disconnect or unmerge (unrelate) profile view elements using the Unrelate Elements tool. For example, text associated with a flight path is related to the flight path by default when the profile view is created. This relationship constrains the text to be centered along the line and constrains movement to the line. If you want to have the text displayed above the flight path and not along the flight path, you can unrelate the two elements, allowing free movement of the text within the profile view. You can also unmerge distance values that were previously merged in the tray element.
- Start ArcMap.
- On the main menu, click View > Layout View.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Aeronautical Terminal Procedures.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Aeronautical Profile Edit.
- Click the Edit Instrument Approach Profile button on the Aeronautical Terminal Procedures toolbar.
- Select the first element you want to unrelate.
- Press and hold the CTRL or
SHIFT key on the keyboard and select the
second element you want to unrelate.
You can select more elements by clicking additional elements while holding the CTRL or SHIFT key.
- Click the Unrelate Elements button on the Aeronautical Profile Edit toolbar.
You can also unrelate elements by pressing and holding the CTRL or SHIFT key, selecting the second/last element, right-clicking, then choosing Unrelate Elements from the shortcut menu.
The elements are disconnected or unmerged.