Changing the holding pattern line to a straight line
The Straight Holding Pattern tool allows you to change the holding pattern line depiction in a profile view from the existing depiction to a straight line. Changing the holding pattern portrayal indicates when or where in the holding pattern it is safe to change altitudes and/or descend. The straight line depiction is the default holding pattern depiction in the profile view.
- Start ArcMap.
- On the main menu, click View > Layout View.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Aeronautical Terminal Procedures.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Aeronautical Profile Edit.
- Click the Edit Instrument Approach Profile button on the Aeronautical Terminal Procedures toolbar.
- Select a holding pattern inside the profile view element.
- Click the Straight Holding Pattern button on the Aeronautical Profile Edit toolbar.
The selected holding pattern updates to a straight line.Tip:
You can relate the open end of the straight holding pattern to a vertical line so that the lines are connected.