Changing the holding pattern line to an angled line
The Angled Holding Pattern tool allows you to change the holding pattern line depiction in a profile view from the existing depiction to one that is angled. The angled line originates from a horizontal holding pattern line and intersects the associated vertical line. Changing the holding pattern portrayal indicates when or where in the holding pattern it is safe to change altitudes and/or descend.
You can move the end of the angled line along the horizontal holding pattern line using the node at the intersection of the lines as shown in the graphic below:
- Start ArcMap.
- On the main menu, click View > Layout View.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Aeronautical Terminal Procedures.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Aeronautical Profile Edit.
- Click the Edit Instrument Approach Profile button on the Aeronautical Terminal Procedures toolbar.
- Select a holding pattern inside the profile view element.
- Click the Angled Holding Pattern button on the Aeronautical Profile Edit toolbar.
The selected holding pattern updates with a descending, angled line connecting to the associated vertical line.Tip:
If there is not enough room in the profile view for the descending, angled line on the default side of the vertical line due to other profile view elements, you can flip the entire holding pattern depiction to the opposite side of the vertical line to alleviate congestion.