Changing data sources
Changing the data source using the Set Data Source command is necessary if your data or map document is moved and the data links are broken. This is the same as when the data links are broken on the Display tab in ArcMap. This function differs from refreshing data sources using the Reset Map Series Data Sources option.
- Start ArcMap.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > MPS Atlas.
- Click the MPS Atlas window button on the MPS Atlas toolbar.
The MPS Atlas window appears.
Right-click the map series name and click Set Data Source.
The Set Data Source dialog box appears. The map sheets with invalid data sources are marked with a red "X".
- Optionally, click the Sources drop-down arrow and choose a data source type.
- Optionally, to view only invalid data sources, check the Show Invalid Data Sources Only check box
This removes all valid data sources from the list on the Set Data Source dialog box.
- Click the Change Version button if you want to change data source versions.
Click to highlight one of the table items.
The Change Data Source button becomes available.
Click Change Data Source.
The Select Data Source dialog box appears.
- Navigate to the feature class you want to associate with the item you selected.
- Click OK.
The Choose Repair Option dialog box appears.
- Choose one of the following options:
- Apply to all matching Paths—Applies the repaired path to any invalid workspace paths that match the path corrected in step 8.
- Apply to all matching Types—Applies the repaired path to all types that match the type corrected in step 8. For example, if you repaired a feature layer data source, you could apply the new path to all other feature layers listed on the Set Data Source dialog box.
- Apply to selected Item only—Applies the repaired path to the selected row on the Set Data Source dialog box.
- Click OK to close the Choose Repair Option dialog box.
The Set Data Source dialog box appears. The red X changes to a green check mark if the path is correct.
- Click OK.