Adding a DME symbol in a profile view
The DME symbol indicates that the value given is the distance to distance measuring equipment (DME) from a given significant point. The Add DME Symbol tool allows you to add or remove a D symbol around distance text and customize the text that appears within the DME symbol. The newly created D is attached to the same node as the selected text.
- Start ArcMap.
- On the main menu, click View > Layout View.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Aeronautical Terminal Procedures.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Aeronautical Profile Edit.
- Click the Edit Instrument Approach Profile button on the Aeronautical Terminal Procedures toolbar.
- Click to select the text element to which you want to add a DME symbol.
- Click the Add DME Symbol button on the Aeronautical Profile Edit toolbar.
The Add DME Symbol dialog box appears.
- Type the text you want to display inside the DME symbol.
- Click the appropriate option to specify whether the DME symbol
should be stacked below or in line with the string label.
- Click OK.
The text element that contains the DME distance is surrounded by a DME symbol.
You can add carriage returns between the text and the DME symbol by double-clicking the DME text, clicking inside the text editor where you would like to add a carriage return, and pressing the ENTER key on the keyboard.
You can remove the DME symbol from the profile view by deleting the text in the Text to Add to DME text box on the Add DME Symbol dialog box.