You can use the Reshape Representation tool to edit representation geometry. Reshaping a selected polygon or polyline results in a shape override.
- Start ArcMap.
- If necessary, load data in the map.
- If necessary, add the Reshape Representation tool to a toolbar.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Customize Mode.
- Click the Commands tab.
- Choose Production Cartography in the Categories list.
- Locate the Reshape Representation command in the Commands list.
- Drag the Reshape Representation command onto a toolbar.
- If necessary, start editing.
- Verify that you have representations in your target feature class.
Select a feature to select the representation you want to reshape.
You can only reshape one representation at a time.
- Click the Reshape Representation button .
Click to draw a sketch that represents the new representation shape of the selected feature.
The sketch must cross the existing feature's shape two times.
Double-click the end node to finish the sketch.
The representation is reshaped.