Changing element order
The list of elements in the Layout window determines the draw order on the page layout. For example, the last element on the list draws first, with the top element in the tree view drawing last on the page.
- If necessary, click the Layout window button on the Production Cartography toolbar to display the Layout window.
- Select one or more elements.
Right-click and do one of the following:
- Choose Bring to Front to move the selected element to the top of the draw order.
- Choose Send to Back to move the selected element to the bottom of the draw order.
- Choose Bring Forward to move the selected element up one position in the draw order.
- Choose Send Backward to move the selected element down one position in the draw order.
You can also change the draw order of elements by dragging and dropping them to a new location in the window.