Creating a new horizontal rule
Horizontal alignment rules can be set to align the element in the x direction.
- Start ArcMap.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > MPS Atlas.
Click the Show Element Rule Manager button on the MPS Atlas toolbar.
The Element Placement Rule Manager dialog box appears.
Click to expand the Element Rule Manager tree view.
- Click the group to which you want to add a rule.
The Select Element Rules dialog box appears.
Click Horizontal Alignment.
Type a name in the Description text box.
A description will help you distinguish which rule goes with which element.
Click the Align the drop-down arrow and choose a section of the element.
The default is Left. Other options you can choose are Center and Right.
- Click the of drop-down arrow and choose the element that will be affected by the rule.
Click the next drop-down arrow and choose a relational statement.
The default is Even With. Other choices include Before and After.
Click the the drop-down arrow and choose a section of the element.
The default is Left. Other options are Center and Right.
Click the of drop-down arrow and choose the element's point of reference.
This is the object that is being used to determine the current element's placement. You can choose <The Page> to set up placement rules relative to the page itself.
- If Before or After was chosen in step 11, type a value in the At a distance of text box.
- Click the drop-down list and choose units to use.
- Click OK.