Adding the data frame as dynamic text using a property text string
Text based on data frame properties can be added to the text layout anywhere the product specification requires. Once you specify the data frame with the properties you want to use, you can choose the properties you want to display, or you can create a script to display specific properties in a specific way.
If you choose to use a property text string, available properties include:
- Data frame name
- Display units
- Map units
- Reference scale
- Label engine
- Start ArcMap.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > MPS Atlas.
Click the Add Dynamic Text button on the MPS Atlas toolbar.
A crosshair with a letter A appears.
Click anywhere in the map sheet layout.
A piece of dynamic text is inserted on the page.
Double-click the dynamic text.
The Dynamic Text Properties dialog box appears.
- Click the Dynamic Text tab if necessary.
- Click the Dynamic Text drop-down arrow and choose Data Frame.
The Data Frame text appears in the text box.
Click the dynamic text element in the text field.
The Data Frame Dynamic Text Properties dialog box appears.
- Click the Data Frame drop-down arrow and choose the data frame with the properties you want to use.
- Click the Property option.
- Click the Property drop-down arrow and choose the data frame property you want to use.
- Click OK.