Deleting a feature template
As feature templates are no longer needed in your production workflow, they can be removed from the view so they are not used to create new features. For example, if you do not need to create any more buildings that are under construction, you can remove this template from the view. If the view is stored in a shared location, this would also prevent others from creating new buildings that are under construction.
To do this, the template must be deleted from the Create tab, then the view must be overwritten.
After the template is deleted, the features created with it are still in the map and have the attribute combinations assigned in the template. However, new features cannot be created using the template unless you create a template from one of these features.
- Start ArcMap.
- If necessary, load data in the map.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
The Manage Features and Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes windows automatically appear when you start an edit session using the Production Start Editing tool.Tip:
If the Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes window does not appear when you start an edit session, click the Show/Hide Attributes button on the Manage Features window.
- Click the Create tab on the Manage Features window.
- Click to choose the feature template you want to delete.
- Right-click the template, then click Delete.
The template is removed from the Create tab.
- Right-click the Create tab on the Manage Features window, point to Update Templates In View, then click the name of the view you want to update.
The Save View message appears.
- Click Yes to overwrite the existing view.