Updating the correction status for records
When a technician corrects a record in the Reviewer table, it is a two-step process. The problem with the record must be corrected, whether it involves the feature geometry or attribution. Geometry errors can be resolved using the editing tools, and attribution errors can be corrected using the Update tab on the Feature Manager.
Once the record has been corrected, it can be updated with correction information, which includes the evaluation and explanation. The evaluation is the correction status. The explanation is the reason behind the resolution or lack thereof. Custom evaluation and explanation choices can be added to your Reviewer workspace on the Database Properties tab on the Reviewer Session Manager dialog box and used during the correction process. However, there are default options for both the Evaluation and Explanation fields.
Once the correction information is populated, the CORRECTIONTECHNICIAN, CORRECTIONDATE, and CORRECTIONSTATUS fields are updated in the Reviewer table. If you have corrected a series of records that have required the same type of correction, you can update multiple records at once. For example, if you needed to correct attributes for 10 buildings and wanted to update their correction status all at once, you could do so.
- Start ArcMap.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Data Reviewer.
- Start a Reviewer session in one of the following:
- Click the Reviewer Table button on the Data Reviewer toolbar.
- Select one or more records in the Reviewer table.
Right-click the record or records and click Enter Correction Status.
The Reviewer Correction dialog box appears.
Click the Evaluation drop-down arrow and choose an evaluation description that matches the correction status.
- Custom—You can type a custom description for the evaluation status.
- Resolved—The record has been corrected.
- Un-Resolved—The record either has not been or cannot be corrected.
- None—No correction has been made.
- If you have chosen the Custom option, type the evaluation status in the text box below the Evaluation drop-down list.
Click the Explanation drop-down arrow and choose an explanation.
- Custom—You can type a custom explanation for the evaluation status.
- Per Guidance—The record has been evaluated based on directions given.
- None—There is no further explanation for the evaluation.
- If you have chosen the Custom option, type the explanation in the text box below the Explanation drop-down list.
- Click OK.
The CORRECTIONTECHNICIAN, CORRECTIONDATE, and CORRECTIONSTATUS fields are populated for the selected record or records.