Converting a part to a feature
This topic applies to ArcEditor and ArcInfo only.
Production Mapping provides several functions for working with multipart features.
One way you can work with multipart features is to create a new feature that has the same geometry and attributes as the part that is currently selected. For instance, rather than having three polygons as part of a single feature, you can convert one of the polygons to a single feature. This removes the polygon as a feature part, so it is not selected when you select the multipart feature.
- Start ArcMap.
- If necessary, load data in the map.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
The Manage Features and Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes windows automatically appear when you start an edit session using the Production Start Editing tool.Tip:
If the Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes window does not appear when you start an edit session, click the Show/Hide Attributes button on the Manage Features window.
- Select a multipart polygon or line feature.
- Click the Edit Vertices button on the Production Editing toolbar.
- Right-click a node on the feature and click Convert Part To Feature.
The selected part becomes a separate feature.