Appending selected features to query results
You can append additional features to a query table by using the Advanced Query Append Selected Features tool. In addition, table fields for the features you append using Advanced Query Append Selected Features will only display if the associated check boxes for the fields are checked in the Select Features Using a Query dialog box or Additional display fields list or if the display all fields check box is checked. If you append features without first creating a query, all fields will be displayed.
- Start ArcMap.
- If necessary, load data in the map.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
- On the Production Editing toolbar, click Production Editing > Production Advanced Query Command.
The Production Advanced Query window appears.
- Build a query to select features.
- Click the Select Features button on the Tools toolbar to select the feature or features you want to append to the table.
- Click the Advanced Query Append Selected Features button on the Production Advanced Query window.
The selected features are appended to the bottom of the query table.