Choosing a feature layer for the area of interest
You can also select the area of interest from a feature layer in a data frame.
Click Feature Layer in the Area of Interest list on the Select Area Of Interest dialog box.
- Click the Data Frame drop-down arrow and choose the data frame you want to use.
- Click the Feature Layer drop-down arrow and choose the feature layer you want to use.
- Click the Name Field drop-down arrow and choose the field you want to use.
Click Select Features.
If features have already been selected before starting the Build Map Series wizard, the Feature Layer, Name Field, and list of Features selected will already be populated. You can change your selection set at this point if you want.
The Select Features dialog box appears.
Use the zooming tools to focus on your particular area of interest, or use the selection tools to choose a particular set of features from the feature class.
Clicking SQL displays the Select Features Using a Query dialog box for selecting features.
- Click OK when you have selected the data for your map series.
The Storage dialog box appears.
- Proceed to one of the following: