Filling holes individually
The Fill Hole tool can be used to fill one, multiple, or coincident interior holes from selected polygon geometry. When removing holes, there may be reasons why some holes should remain in a feature. The Fill Hole tool allows you to remove holes individually.
- Start ArcMap.
- If necessary, load data in the map.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing Advanced.
Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
The Manage Features and Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes windows automatically appear when you start an edit session using the Production Start Editing tool.Tip:
If the Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes window does not appear when you start an edit session, click the Show/Hide Attributes button on the Manage Features window.
- Select one polygon feature that has holes in it.
- Click the Fill Hole button on the Production Editing Advanced toolbar.
- Click inside each hole you want to fill in the selected polygon.
Each hole is filled.
The location of the log files generated by the tool is different depending on your operating system:
- On Windows XP, log files are written to <Installation location>\Documents and Settings\<User Login>\Application Data\ESRI\Production10.0\Production Mapping\LogFiles\FillHoleLogfiles.
- On Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008, log files are written to <Installation location>\Users\<UserLogin>\AppData\Roaming\ESRI\Production10.0\Production Mapping\LogFiles\FillHoleLogfiles.