Getting the location of the identified feature
- Click a feature in the Identify tree.
- Click the small drop-down arrow to the right of the Location text box to select the location units of your choice.
- The Identify tool can be accessed by right-clicking a layer in the table of contents and clicking Identify or by right-clicking the results in the Find dialog box. You can also click the Tools menu, point to Data, then click Identify.
- Identify shows the location of the mouse click. Location will show the feature location if you click the layer in the Identify tree. The x,y location is the inside centroid for polygons, the midpoint for lines, and the actual location for points.
- To identify multiple features at once, click and drag a box around the features you want to identify.