What type of data can be edited using SQL?
You can use SQL to edit the attributes of user-defined tables or feature classes in an ArcSDE geodatabase if those tables or feature classes do not participate in geodatabase functionality.
What cannot be edited using SQL
Do not use SQL to edit the following:
- ArcSDE geodatabase system tables
- ObjectIDs (or row IDs) that are maintained by ArcSDE or the geodatabase
- Tables or feature classes that participate in the following geodatabase functionality:
- Annotation feature classes and feature-linked annotation
- Archived data
- Cadastral or parcel fabrics
- Geodatabase replication
- Geometric networks
- Network datasets
- Relationship classes
- Schematic datasets
- Survey datasets
You can execute SELECT statements against system tables, ObjectIDs, and tables that use geodatabase functionality, but do not edit them with SQL.