How to add a terrain dataset as a draped layer to ArcGlobe
- Right-click the globe layer from the table of contents to display the context menu.
- From the context menu, point to Add Data and click Add draped data.
- Click the Look in drop-down arrow and navigate to the folder that contains the terrain dataset.
- Click the terrain dataset.
- Click Add.
- If a terrain dataset has been added to ArcGlobe as an elevation layer, you can drag the terrain layer from the elevation category to the draped category in the table of contents.
- It is recommended to convert the terrain dataset or a portion of the terrain dataset that you want to work with in ArcGlobe to a raster dataset using the Terrain To Raster 3D Analyst geoprocessing tool. This conversion is to improve performance as a terrain will be rasterized on-the-fly in ArcGlobe.