Known limitations of terrain datasets
- There is no support for geographic coordinate systems.
- Z-tolerance pyramiding does not work well with all return lidar data.
- A full build cannot be done on versioned terrain datasets. Schema edits followed by registering as versioned will work, but you can't build the result.
- There is no interactive conflict resolution available in ArcMap for embedded terrain data, as is available with regular features, when reconciling a versioned ArcSDE database.
- Embedded points won't preserve coincident data in ArcSDE/file geodatabases.
- You can't copy feature classes that participate in terrain datasets. Instead, choose to export or select.
- You can't copy terrain datasets containing references to feature classes that participate in multiple terrain datasets.
- The z-extent of terrain datasets with window size pyramids is based on unclipped data.
- The window size cannot be larger than one-half the tile size.