Accessing map cache properties in ArcCatalog
The Caching tab of the Map Service Properties dialog box is where you set the tiling scheme and other properties for your cache. You should set these options before you start creating cache tiles. These steps explain how to access the Caching tab in ArcCatalog or the Catalog window in ArcMap:
- Click GIS servers in the Catalog tree.
- If necessary, make an administrative connection to your ArcGIS server.
- Expand your ArcGIS server and find the service whose caching properties you want to modify.
- Start the service if it is not already started.
- Right-click the service and click Service Properties.
- Click the Caching tab.
See Available map cache properties to learn more about the options on the Caching tab.