Adding ArcGIS Online services to a Web application in Manager
The steps below explain how to add an ArcGIS Online service layer to your Web application in Manager.
- Open ArcGIS Server Manager and click the Applications tab.
- Click Create Web Application.
- Type a name for the application and click Next. The panel that appears allows you to select layers for your map and modify their properties.
- Click Add Layer. A connection to ArcGIS Online has been already added for you.
- Double-click ArcGIS Online to see the list of available services.
- Choose a service and click Add. You'll see a message that the layer was added successfully.
- Optionally, add any of your own services that you will use in your map. Then click Close to close the dialog box.
- You can now change the layer order of the services and set transparency values on them. Use the Preview Map button to get an idea of what your map will look like.
Once you've finished adding layers, choose to use the coordinate system of the ArcGIS Online layer. This designates the ArcGIS Online layer as the primary map resource, meaning that other resources on the map will be projected on the fly to match the coordinate system of the ArcGIS Online layer. If you fail to do this step, the ArcGIS Online layer may not appear as expected.
Continue creating your Web application by completing the remaining panels of the Manager wizard.
ArcGIS Online layers cannot be displayed in the magnifier or overview map. In the Manager panel that configures the map elements, you can change the layer used by the magnifier and overview maps. You can alternatively choose to remove these elements.