Publishing a GIS resource to the server in Manager
Using ArcGIS Server Manager, you can quickly publish a GIS resource, such as a map document, to ArcGIS Server. To do so, follow these steps.
- Click the Services tab in Manager.
- Click Publish GIS Resource.
Browse to the resource you want to publish from the Resource drop-down list.
You can only browse shared directories in Manager. However, if the resource you want to publish is not in a shared directory, type the local path of the resource in the Resource text box. For more information, see the topic Preparing resources for publishing as services.
- Optionally, change the default name of the service.
- Choose which folder the service will be published to. You can either specify an existing folder or create a new folder. Click Next.
- Choose the capabilities that you would like to enable. Depending on the type of the resource and the information it contains, you will see more or fewer available capabilities. Click Next.
Review the information about the service that will be created. If you will be working with the service through the Web, take special note of the service's URL. You can't enter this URL in a browser directly, but you can enter the URL and append ?wsdl to see the service's Web service definition and verify that the service is working correctly.
Note that multiple Web service endpoints can be created when you specify certain capabilities (for example, the KML capability for map services creates an additional endpoint suffixed KmlServer in addition to the default map service).
- If you want to change any of the properties, you can click Previous to go back. Otherwise, click Finish to publish the resource.