Feature services operations
By default, the data exposed through the feature service can be queried and edited. Editing allows changes to be applied to the data in the source geodatabase using the service. In some cases, applications will use the feature service to get the symbology but not allow editing.
The following steps describe how to make a service read-only:
- Click Manage Services on the Services tab in ArcGIS Server Manager.
- Click the Services in drop-down arrow and navigate to the service folder containing your published service.
- Your service may be listed with its status as Started. To change settings on your service, the service must be stopped. If the status is shown as Started, check the check box beside your service and click the Stop button.
- Click the Edit icon to open the Feature Service Properties dialog box.
- Click the Capabilities tab on the Feature Service Properties dialog box.
- Click the Feature Access option (the name, not the check box) under the Select and configure capabilities window. This displays the feature service properties.
- Uncheck the Editing check box.
- Click the Save and Restart button to apply the changes to the service.